BackgroundWadzanai Community Development Trust (WCDT) is a community based organization located in Chinamhora communal area, northwest of Goromonzi District in Mashonaland East Province of Zimbabwe. The organization operates in eleven wards of which five wards are in Bindura district, in Musana and Masembura areas and six in Goromonzi district, in Chinamhora area, covering a geographic area of 18 000 square kilometers with more than 195 000 inhabitants.
A knowledgeable and self- reliant Chinamhora community in which women play an effective role.
To promote, support and educate women in income generating projects in Chinamhora.
- Transparency - openness and honest to create mutual trust with beneficiaries, funding partners, members and stakeholders.
- Profession - highest ethical standards, values fairness, integrity, truthfulness in all activities.
- Unity and cooperation - teamwork and team building for effective success of the organization.
- Compassionate - considerate to the plight of women in communities and strives to assist in every way possible.
- Mutual respect - good and strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Resourcefulness - ability to source funds and ensures effective and maximum utilization of the funds.
- To empower vulnerable communities through income generating activities for self- reliance in Goromonzi and Bindura districts by December 2020.
- To develop the capacity of communities to manage their own development utilizing the locally available resources in Goromonzi and Bindura districts by December 2020.
- To reduce school drop outs of orphans and vulnerable children in Goromonzi and Bindura districts by December 2020.
- To increase he level of food security in Goromonzi and Bindura districts through sustainable agriculture interventions by December 2020.
Wadzanai CDT Team
Zvikomborero B Chisadza